Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All I want for Christmas is spandex

Rachel and I had a great Christmas back in Arkansas. I have to admit my running schedule did not go as planned (i.e. I did not attempt my long run of 14 miles on Saturday). Although, this is not a bad thing, since my right knee is giving me some problems. I thought that by taking a break it might help my knee-situation. We shall see for this week.

Back to Christmas. Like I was saying, we had a great Christmas and I got lots of cool running thingy's. I thought I could use this post to show you what I got for Christmas. A show-and-tell of sorts.

The Stick. This guy is pretty neat and it comes at a good time given the current situation with my knee. It acts sort of like a deep tissue massage. I've only used it on my legs, but it can be used for almost any part of your body.

Brooks Vapor Dry 2 Running gloves. I've owned a lot of gloves in my life, but these gloves have really impressed me. Brooks knows what runners want in a glove: warm breathable materials with places on the index finger and thumb to wipe away snot. Another cool feature is the magnets that keep the gloves together so you don't lose them in the big glove box.


Asics Performance 2-N-1 short. I have not had a chance to use this short, since it is intended to be worn in warmer weather. They fit great and feel great.

Asics Men's compression short 7". This spandex blows my old pair out of the water. Although I've only completed one run with these, it is amazing how warm and comfortable they are. I especially like how the leg comes down a bit further than other pairs of spandex I've owned in the past, because it keeps my thigh muscles a bit more stabilized.

Amphipod's Full Tilt Veloicity water carrier. This will be a life saver on the long runs. I have been thinking for a while what will I do for water on my longer runs. Well, that was my problem. I was just thinking and not doing anything about my lack of H2O. So I've been running waterless. Not any more with this handy-dandy device. Tested it out yesterday on a 3 mile run and it works great. Very little bounce and very easy to access.


I would like to thank everyone who has supported me in this endeavor. I never expected any of these gifts and I am very grateful for them. They will undoubtedly help me with my training. Again, I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and I hope you have a great New Year. Running is a great New Year's resolution. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment