Monday, November 30, 2009

Updates & Week 3 Training

As of 10 minutes ago, I turned in my second to last assignment for the semester. The end is near. One more semester until I graduate. In the meantime, my training has been going pretty well. I wasn't sure how I would manage to fit my runs in last week, with Thanksgiving and all.

I surprised myself and ran on Thanksgiving. The 30 minute run with my brother on Turkey-Day at our cabin in the foothills of the Smokeys was a great way burn calories in preparation for what was about to come (although it didn't matter, not after what I ate). It was by far the steepest run I have done in my training regiment. Halfway through my gluteus maximus had flashbacks of my climbing Mt. Whitney.

The rest of my body has been holding up nicely; however, I could feel the effects of eating too much turkey this past Sunday during my 9 mile run. During my long run, I wore an iPod for the first time while running ever. And I liked it a lot. My brother gave me an iPod shuffle as a belated birthday gift. I know I'll be agonizing over the perfect playlist to create while running in the coming weeks. Well, I'm going to go for a run on this last day of November and the fist day of Week 3 training.

Here's what I'm up against this week:

Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: off
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: off
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: off

No comments:

Post a Comment